- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Mary S. Weber, 88, of Cape Girardeau, died Saturday, April 19, 2008, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Sept. 7, 1919, in Tamms, Ill., daughter of Wilbert H. and Anna Mae McClanahan Schaefer. She and Harold S. Weber were married May 11, 1946, in Tamms. He died Feb. 21, 2000.
She graduated from Tamms High School in 1938 and attended Paducah Business School in Paducah, Ky., and worked as a bookkeeper. She was a member of St. Mark Lutheran Church and volunteer at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She is survived by two sons, Harold H. Weber of Walsh, Ill., and Brian L. Weber of Lake St. Louis, Mo.; a grandchild, Melissa Brendel of O'Fallon, Mo.; and a great-grandchild, Logan Weber of O'Fallon.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband Harold S. Weber; a daughter, Joanne Weber; and a brother, Louis Schaefer.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Graveside services will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at Greenlawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge, Ill., with the Rev. Harold Weber officiating. Burial will be at Greenlawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge. Memorials may be made to a charity of choice.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.