- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Kirn - Ray
PERRYVILLE, Mo. — Veronica Kirn and Martin "Marty" Ray were married May 5, 2007, at Catholic Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Atlanta, Ga. Monsignor Henry Gracz performed the ceremony. Reader was Stephanie Clark, soloist was Laura Benjamin, and presentation of gifts was by Caroline and Joey Taylor, all of Atlanta.
Parents of the couple are Nelson and Cordell Kirn of Perryville, and Robert and Cathy Ray of Chicago.
Matrons of honor were Kim Kirn of Glen Carbon, Ill., and Valerie Kirn-Duensing of Traverse City, Mich., sisters of the bride. Bridesmaids were Carrie Rufkahr of St. Louis; Lori Kirn of Atlanta, sister-in-law of the bride; Kara Rehagen of Clayton, Mo., Sarah Layton of Perryville; and Jessica Kirn of Nashville, Tenn., niece of the bride.
The groom chose his brothers, Robert and Brian Ray of Chicago, as best men. Ushers were Brent Kirn, brother of the bride, and Ridge Kirn, nephew of the bride, both of Roswell, Ga.
Candles were lit in memory of the couple's grandparents. Candlelighters were Grace and Madison Duensing of Traverse City, nieces of the bride.
Flower girl was Briley Kirn of Roswell, niece of the bride. Ringbearer was Seth George of Glen Carbon, nephew of the bride.
Greeters were Chase Kirn of Roswell and Jeric George of Glen Carbon, nephews of the bride.
The reception was held in Magnolia Hall at Piedmont Park in Atlanta.
Mrs. Ray is a 2000 graduate of the University of Missouri, and is attending Emory University in Atlanta. She is employed at IBM in Atlanta.
The groom is a 2000 graduate of the university. He is employed by Palladium Group in Atlanta.
After a wedding trip to Greece, the couple is residing in Atlanta.