- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Church festival to feature concert
To the editor:
Teen Challenge is indeed an amazing organization. We have had the Teen Challenge choir sing and give testimony at our church several times. We too have been moved and blessed by the testimonies of these men.
Just a few months ago our church, Wesley United Methodist Church in Fruitland, started working on an idea for a summer music festival featuring a variety of independent Christian artists. Hoping to tie the event to a community mission, we discussed the options and decided that we would give the proceeds to Teen Challenge of Mid-America.
The event has been set for June 14. Several artists will be taking the outdoor stage in a carnival-style arena. One of the local artists will be New McKendree's Jeremy Verhines.
The Teen Challenge choir, New Creations, will perform and give testimony between the performances.
The festival will begin at 2 p.m. and should wrap up around 8 p.m. The church yard will feature carnival games, a space walk for the kids, washers, food and plenty of family fun.
Tickets go on sale April 27. Tickets will be available through the church, Teen Challenge or by clicking on the PayPal button on the church Web site.
For more information on the concert event, please contact me at 573-243-2811 or visit www.wesleyumcfruitland.com
KIM MITCHELL, Jackson