- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Church festival to feature concert
To the editor:
Teen Challenge is indeed an amazing organization. We have had the Teen Challenge choir sing and give testimony at our church several times. We too have been moved and blessed by the testimonies of these men.
Just a few months ago our church, Wesley United Methodist Church in Fruitland, started working on an idea for a summer music festival featuring a variety of independent Christian artists. Hoping to tie the event to a community mission, we discussed the options and decided that we would give the proceeds to Teen Challenge of Mid-America.
The event has been set for June 14. Several artists will be taking the outdoor stage in a carnival-style arena. One of the local artists will be New McKendree's Jeremy Verhines.
The Teen Challenge choir, New Creations, will perform and give testimony between the performances.
The festival will begin at 2 p.m. and should wrap up around 8 p.m. The church yard will feature carnival games, a space walk for the kids, washers, food and plenty of family fun.
Tickets go on sale April 27. Tickets will be available through the church, Teen Challenge or by clicking on the PayPal button on the church Web site.
For more information on the concert event, please contact me at 573-243-2811 or visit www.wesleyumcfruitland.com
KIM MITCHELL, Jackson