- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. -- Mildred C. Parker, 90, of Pulaski, Ill., died Saturday, June 12, 2004, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 27, 1914, at Mounds, Ill., daughter of Herbert and Velma Dacus Melton. She and Orlan Parker were married for 60 years. He died Aug. 7, 1995.
Parker was a member of the Pulaski Christian Church, a member and former treasurer of the Ladies Aid of the church, and a member and past matron of the Caledonia Chapter of Eastern Star No. 587 of Olive Branch, Ill.
Survivors include two daughters, Peggy Heilig and Betty Reynolds, both of Pulaski; sister Juanita Cerny of Cairo, Ill.; three grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Wiley D. Godfrey officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge.