- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ORAN, Mo. -- Marilyn Ressel Barge, 55, of Hermitage, Tenn., and formerly of Oran, died Friday, June 11, 2004, at National Healthcare Corp. in Brentwood, Tenn.
She was born April 4, 1949, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Roman and Marie Duenne Ressel. She married Larry G. Barge in 1982.
She was a member of Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran and an executive secretary with Tristar Healthcare Corp. in Nashville, Tenn.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Lauren Barge of Hermitage; a brother, Herman Joe Ressel of Oran; three sisters, Rita Ressel of Oran, Rose Ann Scherer of Benton, Mo., and Luella Kern of New Hamburg, Mo.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call at 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran, with the Rev. John Harth officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.