- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
People on the move 06/14/04
New hair designer hired at Style Stop
Joyce Stroup-Tummins has joined the staff at Style Stop Lifestyles Salon and Spa in Jackson as a hair designer. The Benton, Mo., native is a graduate of Stage One hair school at Southeast Missouri State University. She has training in hairstyling, waving, color, pedicures, manicures, waxing and facials.
Fritzler wins award for financial advisingThe River Heritage Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors recently honored Steven Fritzler with the M. Luther Hahs Insurance and Financial Advisor of the Year Award. It is given to individuals who make outstanding contributions to the industry.
Three Nordenia workers complete trainingThree area residents have completed the Six Sigma Black Belt Training Program provided by Missouri Enterprise Business Assistance Center in cooperation with Mineral Area Community College. Rod Davis, Chris Simmers and Stephanie Bryan, all of Nordenia USA Inc. in Jackson, attended four weeks of classes and are finishing in-plant projects to complete the course, which is for improving customer service.
Smith promoted at Dana Corp.'s Cape facility
Lori Smith recently accepted the position of human resources manager at Dana Corp.'s Torque and Traction Manufacturing facility in Cape Girardeau. Smith previously served as a human resources intern at Dana's facility in Jonesboro, Ark., and human resources manager at company locations in Columbia, Mo., and Elizabethtown, Ky.
New agent joins Meyer Realty Co.Thomas L. Meyer Realty Co. recently announced that Toni Majeed of Cape Girardeau has joined the firm as a new agent. Majeed recently received her license to sell residential real estate and has background in retail sales and bookkeeping.
Prudential rep earns special designation
Crystal Burress, sales professional with Prudential Financial of Cape Girardeau, was recently granted the Life Underwriter Training Council fellow designation. It is conferred by the corporate office on agents to mark their commitment to professionalism.
-- From staff reports