- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Two injured in Sunday accidents
Two people were hospitalized after separate accidents on Sunday.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Scott Sappington, 24, of Jackson was taken to St. Francis Medical Center with moderate injuries after his Kawasaki four-wheeler struck a road embankment on Route V north of Oriole. Sappington was thrown from the vehicle. The accident occurred just before 4 p.m.
In Scott County, a 2002 Chevrolet driven by Elitha Evans, 46, of Country Club Hill, Ill., ran off Interstate 55 just north of Benton and overturned at about 3:30 p.m. Sunday. Passenger Bobbie Tyler, 43, of Riverdale, Ill., was taken to St. Francis Medical Center with moderate injuries. Evans was not injured.