- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Edith A. Spalding, 83, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, April 16, 2008, at her home.
She was born May 29, 1924, in Glen¬≠allen, Mo., daughter of Steve S.G. and Rada Miller Page. She and Richard K. Spalding were married Jan. 2, 1946, in Cape Girardeau. He died Oct. 12, 2000.
Spalding was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and charter member of Ladies VFW Auxiliary Post 3838. She had been a salesclerk at Castaways.
Survivors include a daughter, Vicki Vernon of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at noon Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Nathan Burgell officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.