- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ANNA, Ill. -- Eugene Cavitt, 85, of Anna died Friday, June 11, 2004, at Union County Hospital in Anna.
He was born Aug. 2, 1918, at Anna, son of George and Ava Koonce Cavitt. He and Clara Farris were married July 4, 1932, at Cape Girardeau.
He was a construction welder, a member of a Pentecostal church, the Anna Masonic Lodge 520 AF&AM and the United Mine Workers Union of America.
Survivors include his wife and a son, Dwayne Cavitt of Anna.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. today at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna. Masonic rites will be at 7:30 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Joey McKinnies officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.