- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Ethan Thomas Reid Schott, 12, of Jackson passed away Friday, June 11, 2004, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau, due to injuries sustained in an accident.
Ethan was born Sept. 27, 1991, in Cape Girardeau, Mo., son of Thomas L. and Marilyn Gerecke Schott.
Ethan had completed grade six at Jackson Middle School. He enjoyed video games, drawing, riding his bicycle and spending time with children, especially his nephew, Cameron.
Loving survivors include his parents, of Jackson; two sisters and a brother-in-law, Leslie and Danny Cox and their son Cameron of Cape Girardeau, Elizabeth Schott of Jackson; paternal grandparents, John and Carolyn Schott of Bloomsdale, Mo.; and maternal grandmother, Elsie Gerecke of Gordonville.
He was preceded in death by his maternal grandfather, Leeman Gerecke.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with burial in Zion Lutheran Cemtery in Gordonville.
Memorials may be made to the family.