- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Irene F. Dillworth, 87, of Jackson died Tuesday, April 15, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 6, 1920, in Cottage Grove, Tenn., daughter of William Thomas and Beulah Lee Snow Tyson. She and Loyd Dillworth were married Oct. 28, 1939, at Bloomfield, Mo. He died March 16, 1998.
Dillworth was formerly of Dexter, Mo., and a former clerk at Hensley Variety Store in Bloomfield. She was a member of Lynwood Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include three daughters, Carolyn Buchanan of Smyrna, Tenn., Brenda Tucker of St. Louis, Sherry Ford of Jackson; six grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Dexter.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Rick Chambless officiating. Burial will be in Walker Cemetery.