- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Irene F. Dillworth, 87, of Jackson died Tuesday, April 15, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 6, 1920, in Cottage Grove, Tenn., daughter of William Thomas and Beulah Lee Snow Tyson. She and Loyd Dillworth were married Oct. 28, 1939, at Bloomfield, Mo. He died March 16, 1998.
Dillworth was formerly of Dexter, Mo., and a former clerk at Hensley Variety Store in Bloomfield. She was a member of Lynwood Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include three daughters, Carolyn Buchanan of Smyrna, Tenn., Brenda Tucker of St. Louis, Sherry Ford of Jackson; six grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Dexter.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Rick Chambless officiating. Burial will be in Walker Cemetery.