- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Brother Stanley Conner
PERRYVILLE, Mo. — Brother Stanley J. Conner, 61, of Perryville died Monday, April 14, 2008, at St. Mary's of the Barrens.
He was born July 24, 1946, at Poplar Bluff, Mo., son of Stanley J. and Mildred Lee Hawks Conner Sr.
Conner was a graduate of Rushville High School in Rushville, Ind., Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau, St. Mary's Seminary in Perryville and DeAndreis Seminary in Lemont, Ill.
He professed vows and joined the Congregation of the Mission in 1983. He served at St. Catherine Laboure Church in St. Louis in the 1980s. He later moved to Perryville and worked at the Association of the Miraculous Medal. In more recent years he was in residence at St. Mary's of the Barrens.
He was a U.S. Navy veteran.
Survivors include three sisters, Alexis Strongin of New York, N.Y., LeaAnne Bernstein of Fort Wayne, Ind., and Karin Conner of Indianapolis, Ind.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Friday at St. Mary's of the Barrens Catholic Church. A prayer service will be at 7:30. Visitation will continue from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. Saturday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Mary's of the Barrens. Burial will be in Vincentian Community Cemetery.
Young and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.