- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Verman Bagbey, 97, of Advance died Friday, June 11, 2004, at Advance Nursing Center.
He was born July 6, 1906, at Dongola, Mo., son of Floyd and Bertha Aldridge Bagbey. He and Esther Proffer were married March 1, 1932. She died April 6, 1988.
Bagbey was a retired carpenter, and member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include a nephew raised as a son, Jack Brown of Advance; five nieces; and another nephew.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at First Baptist Church, with the Rev. Clinton Woodfin officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.