- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Venzill Slaughter, 67, of Sikeston died Thursday, June 10, 2004, at his home.
He was born Dec. 13, 1936, in Flint, Mich., son of William and Clara Slaughter. He and Betty Bolden were married Oct. 25, 1993.
Slaughter lived in Scott County most of his life.
Survivors include his wife; two stepsons, Terry and Mike Turner of Sedalia, Mo.
Graveside service will be at 2 p.m. today at Dogwood Cemetery, with the Rev. John Givens officiating.
McMikle Funeral Home at Charleston, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.