- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Etson C. Eves Jr., 96, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, April 13, 2008, at his home.
He was born Feb. 2, 1912, son of Etson H. and May Belle Cruse Eves. He and Clara Steel were married Jan. 21, 1940, in Cape Girardeau. She died March 1, 1984.
Eves worked in the car industry in Flint, Mich., retiring in 1972 and moving back to Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Cape County Memorial Park, with the Rev. Cy Smith officiating.