- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Stun gun used on Mo. middle school student; officer suspended
MAPLEWOOD, Mo. (AP) -- A school resource officer in suburban St. Louis is suspended with pay after allegedly using a stun gun on a middle school student.
The president of the Maplewood-Richmond Heights school board tells KMOV-TV that the incident happened April 3rd at Maplewood Middle School. The student was taken to a hospital as a precaution.
There is no immediate word on what prompted the officer to use the stun gun.
That officer was suspended with pay while the investigation continues.
Information from: KMOV-TV, http://www.kmov.com