- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Louise McCain, 91, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, April 13, 2008, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Feb. 18, 1917, at Neelys Landing, daughter of William "Ben" and Bertha E. Farrow Meyer. She and L. Howard McCain were married Dec. 30, 1941, in St. Charles, Mo. He died April 12, 1999.
McCain was a member of New Bethel Baptist Church near Pocahontas. She worked at the former Hosiery Mill in Jackson.
Survivors include a daughter, Linda Sides of Medina, Tenn.; a sister, Lucille Davis of Jackson; three grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and four sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. John Rhodes and Luther Rhodes officiating. Burial will be in New Bethel Cemetery.