- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
DE SOTO, Ill. — Cory Gene Brunkhorst, 45, of De Soto died Saturday, April 12, 2008, at his home.
He was born March 10, 1963, in Cape Girardeau, son of Gene Roland and Betty Lou Basler Brunkhorst.
Brunkhorst was a graduate of Central High School and received a bachelor of science degree in science from Southeast Missouri State University.
He was a medical technician at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale, Ill., and formerly at Saint Francis Medical Center.
Survivors include his parents of Cape Girardeau; three brothers, Derek Brunkhorst of San Diego, Brett Brunkhorst of O'Fallon, Mo., and Blaine Brunkhorst of Cape Girardeau.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Fred Poston officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.