- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHAFFEE, Mo. — Kathy J. Rogers, 58, of Chaffee died Sunday, April 13, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 31, 1950, in Sikeston, Mo., daughter of Cubie and Thelma Lois Finney Heffington.
Survivors include a son, Terry Lockhart of Sullivan, Mo.; a daughter, Joyce Worley of Chaffee; five brothers, Tommy Heffington of Benton, Mo., Buddy Heffington of Hartford, Mich., Donny and Gene Heffington of Dowagiac, Mich., Bob Heffington of Florida; a sister, Lois Doberstein of Dowagiac; and four grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to service time Thursday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Thomas Godwin officiating. Burial will be in New Morley Cemetery at Morley, Mo.