- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
Ill. landmark 'Car Kabob' auctioned
BERWYN, Ill. -- A towering sculpture of eight cars made famous in the movie "Wayne's World" is up for sale on eBay.
The suburban Chicago landmark is named the Spindle and features cars from the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s skewered on a metal spike.
Bids open at $50,000, and the auction closes Thursday. The eBay listing says it will cost $100,000 to ship the 50-foot structure.
Berwyn residents are divided on what to do with the structure, which is covered with rust and pigeon droppings. It was supposed to be dismantled last year to make way for a pharmacy, but preservation groups formed and protested.
California artist Dustin Shuler built the piece in 1989.