- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Florence A Goettelmann, 88, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, April 12, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 19, 1919, in St. Louis, daughter of Joseph Patrick and Gertrude Wernsing O'Brien. She and Charles Goettelmann were married Sept. 16, 1944, in St. Louis.
She served in the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps for two years. She was a member of Mary Magdalene Church in St. Louis. She was a member of Sigma Epsilon sorority and a Girl Scout Leader. Goettelmann worked as a secretary for Southwestern Bell Telephone.
She is survived by her husband of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Suzanne Dey of Waterford, Mich., and Sally Beaudean of Cape Girardeau; four grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and a sister.
There is no visitation or funeral. Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.