- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Samantha Marie Ellis, 17, of Thayer, Kan., died Thursday, April 10, 2008, at her residence in Thayer.
She was born May 15, 1990, in Bartlesville, Okla., daughter of Tommy Joe and Lorena Marie Ellis.
She was a member of the Osage Nation American Indian. She attended Woodland High School in Marble Hill, Mo., and graduated from Tulsa Job Corp.
She is survived by her father of Texas; her mother of Marble Hill; a brother, Jeremy Ellis of Thayer; a sister, Terri Jo Hesley of Houston; a grandmother, Ida Shepherd of Marble Hill; and a grandfather, Francis M. Ellis Jr.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday in the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Julie Smith officiating and Paul White Eagle with the Native American Tribal Service. Interment will be in Baker Cemetery.