- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Loomas - Hanschen
Scarlett Loomas and Shaun Hanschen were married Sept. 15, 2007, at Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church in Fruitland. The Rev. John Rice performed the ceremony. Music was provided by Trio Girardeaux.
The bride is the daughter of Thomas E. Loomas Jr. and Linda Loomas of East Prairie, Mo. The groom is the son of Darrell and Cheryl Hanschen of Jackson.
Maid of honor was Lonnia Zellers of East Prairie. Bridesmaids were Megan Aters and Jennifer Sorrells of East Prairie, Lizy Dastin of Beverly Hills, Calif., Jessica Goldman of West Hartford, Conn., and Sandy Chen of Chatham, N.J. Honor attendants were Calissa Kummer of Cincinnati, Ohio, and Suzanne Forrest of New Haven, Conn.
Keith Wieser of Cape Girardeau was best man. Groomsmen were Richard Hopkins and Nathan Huck of St. Louis, Jeff Mungle of Cape Girardeau, Matt Pourney of Columbia, Mo., and John Cozean of Sikeston, Mo.
Candlelighters were Amanda Wallace and Jessica Childers of East Prairie, cousins of the bride.
Flower girls were Brynn Childers of East Prairie and Taylor Parton of Dallas, Texas, cousin of the bride. Ringbearer was Will Schabbing of Perryville, Mo., cousin of the groom.
Jill Hequembourg of East Prairie attended the guest book.
The reception was held at Deerfield Lodge.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Sept. 14 at Buckner Brewing Co.
Mrs. Hanschen is a 2006 graduate of Wellesley College. She is a beauty adviser with Lancome.
The groom is a 2001 graduate of the University of Missouri-Columbia, and a 2004 graduate of the university's School of Law. He is an associate at the Blanton Law Firm in Sikeston.
After a wedding trip to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Haiti, the couple resides in Sikeston.