- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Vergie Mae Smith, 77, of Jackson died Friday, April 11, 2008, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born July 18, 1930, at Jackson, daughter of Robert George and Maggie Grindstaff Green. She and Raymond C. Smith were married April 3, 1965.
Survivors include her husband of Jackson; two brothers, J.D. Green, Dayton Green, both of Jackson; two sisters, Ruth Ann Mayfield of Millersville, Annie Jean Pruitt of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Luther Rhodes officiating.
Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.