- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)20
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Elderly Charleston, Mo., man killed in car accident
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- A Charleston elderly man died of injuries sustained in a two-vehicle accident Wednesday in Mississippi County.
According to Missouri State Highway Patrol, the accident occurred at 2:05 p.m. on Missouri Highway 105, two miles south of Charleston, as westbound motorist Ray Hillhouse, 91, of Charleston pulled his vehicle into the path of the northbound vehicle driven by Cathy Powell, 50, of Charleston.
Hillhouse was pronounced dead at 3:49 a.m. Thursday at Saint Francis Medical Center. Powell received serious injuries and was air evacuated to Saint Francis Medical Center.