- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
FARMINGTON, Mo. -- Bonnie R. Lyerla Sheets, 58, of Farmington, formerly of Alto Pass, Ill, died Thursday, June 10, 2004, at Missouri Baptist Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born June 27, 1945, in Alto Pass, daughter of Leland E. and Myrtle Sisk Lyerla. She married Robert Gerald Sheets in Flat River, Mo.
She was a member of the House of Praise in Desloge, Mo.
Survivors include her husband, three sons, Tim and Darren Sheets, both of Farmington, Jerry Sheets of Doe Run, Mo.; six brothers, Donald Lyerla of Cuba, Mo., Victor Lyerla of Eufala, Ala., Harold, Herschel and Curt Lyerla, all of Alto Pass, and Jim Lyerla of Anna, Ill.; three sisters, Thelma Skaggs and Sherrie Wooford, both of Farmington, and Shelba Vandergraph of Alto Pass; and four grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister and a brother.
Friends may call from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at the Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Alto Pass, and again on Saturday until the funeral at 11 a.m. The Revs. Bill Vandergraph and Rick Wade will officiate. Burial will be in the Alto Pass Cemetery.