- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ZALMA, Mo. -- Bennie Lee Owens, 67, of Zalma died Thursday, June 10, 2004, at the John J. Pershing VA Center in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
He was born Nov. 22, 1936, in Greenbrier, Mo., son of James and Pearl Herrill Owens. He married Mary Abreu July 6, 1961. She died May 24, 1998.
He was a retired oil furnace supervisor and a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Survivors include a daughter, Judy Gowen of Zalma; four brothers, Verdell Owens of Godfrey, Ill., Kenneth Owens of Bethalto, Ill., Gerald Owens of Advance, Mo., and Terry Owens of Cape Girardeau; five sisters, Norma Hodge of Thomaston, Ga., Rosalie Hoffman of Broken Arrow, Okla., Mary Wilton of Piedmont, Mo., Dorothy Bond of Arab, Mo. and Judy Maples of Wood River, Ill.
He was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at the Morgan Funeral Home of Advance. The service will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home chapel with the Rev. Norman Elledge officiating. Burial will be in the Cato Cemetery at Arab.