- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Carolyn Mae Whitfield, 73, of Chaffee died Wednesday, June 9, 2004, at her home.
She was born Oct. 12, 1930, at Puxico, Mo., daughter of Harvey Leroy and Jessie Marie Litzelfelner Burnett. She and Henry Joseph Whitfield were married Oct. 5, 1953. He died Jan. 6, 1989.
Whitfield retired as a cashier/clerk from Associated Natural Gas Co. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church and Daughters of St. Ambrose.
Survivors include four sons, Chris Whitfield of North Vernon, Ind., Jay and James Whitfield of Cape Girardeau, Kevin Whitfield of San Antonio, Texas; a daughter, Emily Whitfield of Chaffee; two brothers, James Burnett of Miles City, Mont., John Burnett of Columbus, Ohio; two sisters, Mary Hindman of Chaffee, Betty Kennedy of St. Michaels, Md.; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and three brothers.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 7.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Ambrose Church, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial will be in St. Ambrose Cemetery.