- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Carlin F. Phelps, 77, of St. Louis died Tuesday, June 8, 2004, at deGreeff Hospice House at St. Anthony's Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born Sept. 17, 1926, at Burfordville, son of Chester F. and Jettie L. Jones Phelps. He married the former Doris Buttram.
Phelps was retired from Monsanto. He served on the board of directors at 1st Community Credit Union, and was a member of Veterans of Foreign Wars.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include a son, Gary Phelps of St. Louis; a daughter, Jettie Mendolia of St. Louis; and five grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and wife.
Friends may call at Hoffmeister South County Chapel in St. Louis from 3 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 9:30 a.m. Monday at the chapel. Burial will be in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis.