- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Ronald P. Bryant, 56, of Grand Chute, Wis., passed away Sunday, June 6, 2004, at his home.
He was born Dec. 15, 1947, in Springfield, Ill., son of Palmer and Flossie Luttrel Bryant. He married Jerris Raffety April 12, 2003, on the beach at Tybee Island, Ga., prior to moving to Wisconsin.
Ron was friendly, outgoing and never met a stranger, always making people he met feel comfortable. Because of this trait he made many friends, the closest being George Stearns, Kathy Herring and Gene and Wanda Kindrick.
Ron and Jerris were avid pool players, playing in leagues and tournaments, winning in the 1994 Team International 8-Ball Championships and the 1996 Team 9-Ball Championships in Las Vegas.
Ron will be remembered for his many antics with friends. He loved life and believed the most should be made of it. He was a giver, always helping out those less fortunate than he. His favorite place, a piece of paradise he called it, was the beach on Tybee with Jerris and friends.
Ron is loved and will be missed by his wife; a daughter, Stephanie (Clark) Schnepper of Mahomet, Ill.; four grandchildren, Nicholas, Zachary, Noah and Lauren; two stepchildren, Brian (Angela) Oberbeck of Jackson, Dawn (Steve) Petersen of Plano, Texas; and two stepgrandchildren, Courtney and Michael.
Also surviving are two brothers, Lloyd (Pat) Bryant of Allardt, Tenn., David (Donna) Bryant of Tyrone, Ga.; four sisters, Shirley (Tony) Buraski of Covington, Ga., Wanda (Dick) Lagasta of Green Valley, Ariz., Freda (Ralph) Poe of Gibson City, Ill., Brenda (Fred) Venaas of Petersburg, Ill.; a brother-in-law, Jim Lane; 12 nieces and nephews; other relatives and many friends.
Ron was preceded in death by his parents and a sister, Donna Lane.
A memorial service is planned for a later date on Tybee Island.
Kwiatkowski Funeral Home in Omro, Wis., is in charge of arrangements.
The family would like to thank Dr. Ari BarLev, Dr. Thomas Lewandowski, Dr. Jeffrey Whiteside, Dr. Robert Makeever, and employees at AMC, especially the oncology staff.
Memorials to the American Cancer Society are appreciated.