- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Ruth A. Deneke, 81, formerly of Gordonville, passed away Tuesday, June 8, 2004, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 1, 1922, in Jackson, daughter of Albert and Ida Thoma Neumeyer. She and Orville Deneke were married Dec. 10, 1942. He passed away Feb. 19, 1996.
Ruth was a homemaker and lifelong member of Zion United Methodist Church in Gordonville. She was active in its United Methodist Women, formerly taught Sunday school, and previously played organ for church and piano for Sunday school. She was a member of the Adult Bible Class.
Loving survivors include her daughter and son-in-law, Sarah and Stephen Slinkard; their sons, Kent and Shawn, all of Farmington, Mo.; a twin sister and brother-in-law, Ruby and Albert Deneke of Gordonville; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. today, and Friday after 9:30 a.m. at Zion United Methodist Church.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the church, with burial in the church cemetery.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to Zion United Methodist Cemetery or General Memorial Fund.