- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Coleta L. Buhs, 95, died Monday, June 7, 2004, at Monticello House in Jackson.
She was born May 23, 1909, in Scott County, Mo., daughter of William Louis and Rosalia Ziegler Buhs.
Buhs had been a seamstress in a garment factory. Formerly of Cape Girardeau, she was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral and its Council of Catholic Women.
Survivors include two sisters, Delphine Buhs of Cape Girardeau and Aleen Huck of St. Louis.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel from 4:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday. Parish prayers will be at 7.
The funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Thomas Kiefer officiating. Burial will be in St. Augustine Cemetery at Kelso, Mo.