- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)1
Scott City man shows best side
To the editor:
While traveling through Missouri recently from South Dakota, my pickup broke down. If Missouri has a reward for helping out-of-state people, Orley Jackson of Scott City should receive one for showing that there are good and helping people in your state.
Jackson spent hours welding my truck. He believes a lot of good people living in Missouri can make a big difference for the good of the state. He helped me out and got me on my way. He probably saved lives, because my truck surely would have caused an accident on the interstate. And he charged me zero.
STEPHEN A. LEE