- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
Scott City man shows best side
To the editor:
While traveling through Missouri recently from South Dakota, my pickup broke down. If Missouri has a reward for helping out-of-state people, Orley Jackson of Scott City should receive one for showing that there are good and helping people in your state.
Jackson spent hours welding my truck. He believes a lot of good people living in Missouri can make a big difference for the good of the state. He helped me out and got me on my way. He probably saved lives, because my truck surely would have caused an accident on the interstate. And he charged me zero.
STEPHEN A. LEE