- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
Scott City man shows best side
To the editor:
While traveling through Missouri recently from South Dakota, my pickup broke down. If Missouri has a reward for helping out-of-state people, Orley Jackson of Scott City should receive one for showing that there are good and helping people in your state.
Jackson spent hours welding my truck. He believes a lot of good people living in Missouri can make a big difference for the good of the state. He helped me out and got me on my way. He probably saved lives, because my truck surely would have caused an accident on the interstate. And he charged me zero.
STEPHEN A. LEE