- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Scott City man shows best side
To the editor:
While traveling through Missouri recently from South Dakota, my pickup broke down. If Missouri has a reward for helping out-of-state people, Orley Jackson of Scott City should receive one for showing that there are good and helping people in your state.
Jackson spent hours welding my truck. He believes a lot of good people living in Missouri can make a big difference for the good of the state. He helped me out and got me on my way. He probably saved lives, because my truck surely would have caused an accident on the interstate. And he charged me zero.
STEPHEN A. LEE