- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Marble Hill man accused of beating, kidnapping woman (6/27/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Business notebook: Man's cheesecake whim becomes a full-time vocation (6/26/17)
Scott City man shows best side
To the editor:
While traveling through Missouri recently from South Dakota, my pickup broke down. If Missouri has a reward for helping out-of-state people, Orley Jackson of Scott City should receive one for showing that there are good and helping people in your state.
Jackson spent hours welding my truck. He believes a lot of good people living in Missouri can make a big difference for the good of the state. He helped me out and got me on my way. He probably saved lives, because my truck surely would have caused an accident on the interstate. And he charged me zero.
STEPHEN A. LEE