- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
Westrich would have been pleased
To the editor:
Thank you for running the article "Westrich remembered as 'street-smart officer.'"
Many times we forget that people we take for granted mean so much to us and never really get the credit they deserve. Not only are law enforcement officers taken for granted, but so often the people we deal with in everyday lives.
I have a unique perspective on the life of Rhonda Westrich, for she was my wife. She would be very pleased with the Southeast Missourian's coverage of her passing. Thanks.