- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Westrich would have been pleased
To the editor:
Thank you for running the article "Westrich remembered as 'street-smart officer.'"
Many times we forget that people we take for granted mean so much to us and never really get the credit they deserve. Not only are law enforcement officers taken for granted, but so often the people we deal with in everyday lives.
I have a unique perspective on the life of Rhonda Westrich, for she was my wife. She would be very pleased with the Southeast Missourian's coverage of her passing. Thanks.