- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Westrich would have been pleased
To the editor:
Thank you for running the article "Westrich remembered as 'street-smart officer.'"
Many times we forget that people we take for granted mean so much to us and never really get the credit they deserve. Not only are law enforcement officers taken for granted, but so often the people we deal with in everyday lives.
I have a unique perspective on the life of Rhonda Westrich, for she was my wife. She would be very pleased with the Southeast Missourian's coverage of her passing. Thanks.