- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
Westrich would have been pleased
To the editor:
Thank you for running the article "Westrich remembered as 'street-smart officer.'"
Many times we forget that people we take for granted mean so much to us and never really get the credit they deserve. Not only are law enforcement officers taken for granted, but so often the people we deal with in everyday lives.
I have a unique perspective on the life of Rhonda Westrich, for she was my wife. She would be very pleased with the Southeast Missourian's coverage of her passing. Thanks.