- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)22
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Westrich would have been pleased
To the editor:
Thank you for running the article "Westrich remembered as 'street-smart officer.'"
Many times we forget that people we take for granted mean so much to us and never really get the credit they deserve. Not only are law enforcement officers taken for granted, but so often the people we deal with in everyday lives.
I have a unique perspective on the life of Rhonda Westrich, for she was my wife. She would be very pleased with the Southeast Missourian's coverage of her passing. Thanks.