- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Doris E. Clayton, 65, of Sikeston died Saturday, June 5, 2004, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born Dec. 27, 1938, in New Madrid, Mo., daughter of John P. and Pearlie Young Allen. She and James Clayton were married April 21, 1961.
Survivors include a son, Andy Clayton of Cedar Rapids, Iowa; two sisters, Wanda Gaines of Columbia, Mo., Sue Hodges of Oakville, Ill.; and a grandson.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at North Acres General Baptist Church, with the Revs. Norman Elledge, Jimmy Trotter and Steve Tippen officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.