- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ORAN, Mo. -- Minnie Alice Gadberry, 85, of Oran died Sunday, June 6, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 8, 1919, in Lamar, Ark., daughter of James and Harriet Hull Terry. She and William David Gadberry were married April 5, 1941. He died April 14, 1972.
Survivors include two sons, Larry Gadberry of Rolla, Mo., Terry Gadberry of Chaffee, Mo.; two daughters, Linda Simpson of Jackson, Judy Magee of Sikeston, Mo.; a sister, Hollie Crotts of Morley, Mo.; nine grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; three great-great-grandchildren; nine stepgrandchildren; and eight great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother, two sisters and a great-stepgrandson.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Home in Oran, with the Revs. Robert Poe and Gary Teague officiating. Burial will be in Hagy Cemetery near Dexter, Mo.