- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Riverdogs split two games with the Evansville Outlaws
The Cape Riverdogs amateur baseball team split two games Sunday with the Evansville (Ind.) Outlaws.
Cape won the first game 9-2, but the Riverdogs left the tying run on base and suffered a 7-4 loss in the second game.
Tim Davis pitched a complete game to pick up the win in the opener. He allowed two earned runs on six hits and a walk while striking out six.
Bryan Austin was 3-for-3, while Greg Craft, Tyler Schlosser, Adam Friga and Billy Palmer each had two hits. Palmer belted a three-run home run in the sixth inning.
In the second game, Eric O'Hare took the loss, allowing four runs on four hits and two walks in three innings.
Ryne Wood and Steve Fowler each had two hits, while Matt Davis and Palmer each drove in two runs.
The Riverdogs loaded the bases in the seventh but could not catch the Outlaws.
The Riverdogs (2-1) play at the Southern Illinois Merchants on Tuesday.