- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Doris D. Baggett, 96, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, June 5, 2004, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born May 26, 1908, at Fort Smith, Ark., daughter of Millard and Blanche Rector Magruder. She and James "Jim" Baggett were married May 16, 1927, at Fort Smith. He died March 30, 1989.
Baggett was a member of the Centenary United Methodist Church at Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include a daughter, Dr. Doris Skelton of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by a brother and sister.
No visitation is scheduled.
Private funeral and burial will be at a later date at Fort Smith.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.