- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
Bush - Honorable and passionate
To the editor:
According to Alan Journet's recent letter, if I support President Bush I am ignorant, self-delusional and lack intellectual integrity.
The problem is that those lies have been flung around so long that those who hate the president believe them, and Journet is now guilty of the very thing he opines in his own letter.
Over the years, I have found that the media have become lazy. I became suspect of what was being written. It was my responsibility to become an informed citizen.
I am a subscriber of this newspaper, but I have much more available to me for news sources: Fox News Channel, the Internet, bloggers, news magazines, books and a friend who lived in Iraq and knew firsthand of Saddam Hussein's atrocities.
Journet's letter smacks of laziness as well. He has taken the liberal talking points to himself without discernment or investigation. Obviously he has not personally listened to Rush Limbaugh, who talked about the prisoners-of-war situation. In fact, Journet's comment is quite comical in view of the discussion and discourse on Rush's program that ensued for several days.
Supporting our president is the least an American citizen should do. Was this not the cry of liberals regarding an impeached president who remained in office?
President Bush is an honorable man of integrity, passion and bravery and possesses leadership to wage this war against evil. Being informed has led me to a greater support of Bush, his administration, our troops and our nation.