- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Business memo 06/07/04
Cape business wins silver safety award
Genesis Transportation of Cape Girardeau was recently presented a silver award by Great West Casualty Company as part of the 2003 National Fleet Safety Awards Program. The award recognizes carriers that achieve a low frequency of preventable accidents per million miles of operation.
Bootheel town gets grant to aid new soybean plant
The city of Lilbourn, Mo., was recently awarded a $595,420 grant from the U.S. Economic Development Administration to help fund improvements to the city's water and sewer system and provide access to a new soybean processing plant. The $20 million plant is expected to employ 35 people and may later be expanded into a biodiesel production facility.
Carnival coming to mall in Cape GirardeauWestfield Shoppingtown West Park will play host to Miller's Spectacular Carnival on the main parking lot, opening at 5 p.m. Tuesday. The carnival includes 18 rides. Operating hours will be: 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Tuesday, 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. Wednesday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday. For more information, call 339-1333.
-- From staff reports