- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Stella M. Garnett, 89, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, June 4, 2004, at Cape Town Assisted Living Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 25, 1915, at Honaker Va., the daughter of John and Emina Wilson Hubbard. She had been the owner and operator of a mango orchard in Lakeworth, Fla.
She married James Garnett; he preceded her in death.
Survivors include a son, Leslie Garnett of Lakeworth, Fla.; a niece and nephew, Janet and Bill White of Cape Girardeau; and a niece and her husband, Betty and Leon Humphrey of Conyers, Ga.
A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. Monday at the Morgan Funeral Home in Advance, Mo.
Burial will be held at a later date in Deland, Fla.