- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Hazel S. Bethune, 97, died Wednesday, June 2, 2004, at Charleston Manor in Charleston, Mo.
She was born Aug. 27, 1906, in Sikeston, daughter of Jesse P. and Mary Etta Holland Weekley. She and Charles R. Bethune Sr. were married Aug. 27, 1926. He died Feb. 28, 1972.
Bethune lived in Sikeston and Scott County most of her life. She retired as a supervisor at International Shoe Co. She was a member of First United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Barbara Moxley of Charleston; a sister, Marie Yeakey of Sikeston; five grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Harold Norton officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery at Sikeston.