- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Madra Lea Henry, 77, died Tuesday, June 1, 2004, at Monticello House in Jackson.
She was born Oct. 24, 1926, at Delta, daughter of Luther and Ivah Deweese Schafer. She and Harvey Henry were married in 1949 in Memphis, Tenn. He died Feb. 19, 1998.
Survivors include a son, Steve Henry of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Terry Stolte of Fenton, Mo.; a brother, Donald "Donk" Schafer of St. Louis; two grandchildren, Haleigh Stolte and Joshua Stolte of Fenton.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau from 10 to 11:45 a.m. Friday.
A service will be held at noon Friday at Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum, with the Rev. Cy Smith officiating.