- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
ORAN, Mo. -- Shirley Marie Hopper, 57, of Oran died Sunday, May 30, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 1, 1947, in St. Louis, daughter of George and Virginia Masters Worley. She and Merle Hopper were married March 6, 1965, at Sikeston, Mo.
Hopper was a member of New Life Christian Center Church in Morley, Mo.
Survivors include a son, M. Hopper II of Morley; a daughter, Cristy Crites of Oran; seven brothers, John Worley of Benton, Mo., Steven and Kenny Worley of Sikeston, Tommy Worley of Cookeville, Tenn., Ted, Tim and Todd Worley, all of St. Joseph, Mo.; four sisters, Patricia Reckers of Nixa, Mo., Phyllis Worley of Lincoln, Mo., Lori Brewer and Karen Worley of St. Joseph; and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and three sisters.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston. The Rev. Don Russell will officiate. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery at Sikeston.