- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ORAN, Mo. -- Arnold Guzman, 68, of Oran died Sunday, May 30, 2004, at his home.
He was born Dec. 14, 1935, in San Antonio, Texas, son of Cercencio Guzman and Ysidra Garcia Guzman. He and Emma Sauceda were married July 27, 1956. She died Dec. 17, 2003.
He was a member of Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran and St. Joseph Sodality. He was a retired farmer.
Survivors include two sons, J. David Guzman of Los Angeles, A. Anthony Guzman of Bell City, Mo.; a daughter, Linda Graviett of Bloomfield, Mo.; two brothers, Moggie and Raymond Guzman of Oran; three sisters, Sarah Miller of Sikeston, Mo., DeLores Rosa of Lubbock, Texas, Hope Fuentes of Grand Rapids, Mich.; six grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two sons, four brothers and seven sisters.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today and from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran. Parish prayers will be at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Guardian Angel Church, with the Rev. John Harth officiating. Burial will be in Guardian Angel Cemetery.