- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ORAN, Mo. -- Arnold Guzman, 68, of Oran died Sunday, May 30, 2004, at his home.
He was born Dec. 12, 1935, in San Antonio, son of Cercencio Guzman and Ysidra Garcia Guzman. He and Emma Sauceda were married July 27, 1956. She died Dec. 17, 2003.
He was a member of Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran and St. Joseph Sodality. He was a retired farmer.
Survivors include two sons, J. David Guzman of Los Angeles and A. Anthony Guzman of Bell City, Mo.; a daughter, Linda Graviett of Bloomfield, Mo.; two brothers, Moggie and Raymond Guzman of Oran; three sisters, Sarah Miller of Sikeston, Mo., DeLores Rosa of Lubbock, Texas, Hope Fuentes of Grand Rapids, Mich.; six grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two sons, four brothers and seven sisters.
Friends may call at 4 p.m. Wednesday and from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran. Parish prayers will be at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Guardian Angel Catholic Church, with the Rev. John Harth officiating. Burial will be in Guardian Angel Catholic Cemetery.