- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
BENTON, Mo. -- Willie Dean Miles, 64, of Benton died Tuesday, May 25, 2004, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 7, 1940, in Trenton, Tenn., daughter of Elmer and Beatrice Buchanan Goodrich. She and Booker Miles were married in May 1954, at Caruthersville, Mo.
Miles moved to Benton in 1963 from Cape Girardeau. She was a nurse assistant 22 years at Southeast Missouri Hospital. She was a member of Church of God in Christ.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Debra Miles of New Bloomfield, Mo.; five sons, Benny Miles of Wisconsin, Ray Miles of Benton, Booker Miles III of Springfield, Mo., Lawrence and Audie Miles of Oran, Mo.; three grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents and four brothers.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau after 10 a.m. Tuesday.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. The Revs. Leroy Lockridge and Johnny Thomas will officiate. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.