- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
BENTON, Mo. -- Willie Dean Miles, 64, of Benton died Tuesday, May 25, 2004, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 7, 1940, in Trenton, Tenn., daughter of Elmer and Beatrice Buchanan Goodrich. She and Booker Miles were married in May 1954, at Caruthersville, Mo.
Miles moved to Benton in 1963 from Cape Girardeau. She was a nurse assistant 22 years at Southeast Missouri Hospital. She was a member of Church of God in Christ.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Debra Miles of New Bloomfield, Mo.; five sons, Benny Miles of Wisconsin, Ray Miles of Benton, Booker Miles III of Springfield, Mo., Lawrence and Audie Miles of Oran, Mo.; three grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents and four brothers.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau after 10 a.m. Tuesday.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. The Revs. Leroy Lockridge and Johnny Thomas will officiate. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.