- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BENTON, Mo. -- Willie Dean Miles, 64, of Benton died Tuesday, May 25, 2004, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 7, 1940, in Trenton, Tenn., daughter of Elmer and Beatrice Buchanan Goodrich. She and Booker Miles were married in May 1954, at Caruthersville, Mo.
Miles moved to Benton in 1963 from Cape Girardeau. She was a nurse assistant 22 years at Southeast Missouri Hospital. She was a member of Church of God in Christ.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Debra Miles of New Bloomfield, Mo.; five sons, Benny Miles of Wisconsin, Ray Miles of Benton, Booker Miles III of Springfield, Mo., Lawrence and Audie Miles of Oran, Mo.; three grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents and four brothers.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau after 10 a.m. Tuesday.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. The Revs. Leroy Lockridge and Johnny Thomas will officiate. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.