- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
Developments in Iraq
A car carrying two Japanese journalists was attacked by gunmen just south of Baghdad, who set the vehicle on fire.
Three mortar shells were fired at coalition headquarters in Samawah, causing no damage or casualties. Japanese and Dutch troops are stationed there.
Iranian lawmakers convened on Thursday by chanting "Death to America," condemning the U.S. occupation of Iraq.
Britain will increase the number of troops in Iraq by 370 to a new total of 8,900.
-- The Associated Press