- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
Developments in Iraq
A car carrying two Japanese journalists was attacked by gunmen just south of Baghdad, who set the vehicle on fire.
Three mortar shells were fired at coalition headquarters in Samawah, causing no damage or casualties. Japanese and Dutch troops are stationed there.
Iranian lawmakers convened on Thursday by chanting "Death to America," condemning the U.S. occupation of Iraq.
Britain will increase the number of troops in Iraq by 370 to a new total of 8,900.
-- The Associated Press