- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
Developments in Iraq
A car carrying two Japanese journalists was attacked by gunmen just south of Baghdad, who set the vehicle on fire.
Three mortar shells were fired at coalition headquarters in Samawah, causing no damage or casualties. Japanese and Dutch troops are stationed there.
Iranian lawmakers convened on Thursday by chanting "Death to America," condemning the U.S. occupation of Iraq.
Britain will increase the number of troops in Iraq by 370 to a new total of 8,900.
-- The Associated Press