- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Wanda Faye Buckman
WATERLOO, Ill. -- Wanda Faye Buckman, 72, of Waterloo, formerly of Olive Branch, Ill., died Thursday, April 10, 2008, at her home.
She was born Oct. 25, 1935, in Thebes, Ill., daughter of Amos Franklin and Lucy Shaver Bledsoe. She and Charles Buckman Jr. were married. He preceded her in death.
Buckman was a member of SS Peter and Paul Church in Waterloo, a member of Mary and Martha in Waterloo, St. Mary's in Palmdale, Calif., the Ladies Auxiliary, Ladies Aide and Historical Society in Thebes.
Survivors include three sons, Charles Buckman Jr., Karl Buckman and Jason Buckman; two daughters, Teresa Tucker and Pam Crook; a sister, Blanche Wehmeyer; and 10 grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents and three brothers.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today and 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday at the Quernheim Funeral Home in Waterloo.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Burial will be in SS Peter and Paul Cemetery.