- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Wanda Faye Buckman
WATERLOO, Ill. -- Wanda Faye Buckman, 72, of Waterloo, formerly of Olive Branch, Ill., died Thursday, April 10, 2008, at her home.
She was born Oct. 25, 1935, in Thebes, Ill., daughter of Amos Franklin and Lucy Shaver Bledsoe. She and Charles Buckman Jr. were married. He preceded her in death.
Buckman was a member of SS Peter and Paul Church in Waterloo, a member of Mary and Martha in Waterloo, St. Mary's in Palmdale, Calif., the Ladies Auxiliary, Ladies Aide and Historical Society in Thebes.
Survivors include three sons, Charles Buckman Jr., Karl Buckman and Jason Buckman; two daughters, Teresa Tucker and Pam Crook; a sister, Blanche Wehmeyer; and 10 grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents and three brothers.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today and 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday at the Quernheim Funeral Home in Waterloo.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Burial will be in SS Peter and Paul Cemetery.