- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CAIRO, Ill. -- Flossie M. McGinness, 93, of Cairo died Tuesday, May 25, 2004, at her home.
She was born Oct. 13, 1910, in Elco, Ill., daughter of Thomas and Lulu Brimm. She married John McGinness, who died in 1984.
McGinness was a member of First Southern Baptist Church.
Survivors include three daughters, Dora McGinness, Louise Hornberger and Mary Satterfield, all of Cairo; two sons, Frank and Donald McGinness of Cairo; a sister, Martha Jordan of Anna, Ill.; four grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by an infant daughter, four sisters and five brothers.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo from 5 to 7 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bill Gholson officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Cemetery at Dongola, Ill.